My Harrison Ancestors
By Wes Patterson (Last Revised: 25 May 2017)
2) We also know that my Harrison branch is associated with the Harrisons that moved from Augusta Co VA to York Co SC during the early to mid 1760's, and then to Buncombe Co NC during the 1790's. These Harrisons are proven by DNA testing to be related to (and most likely descended from) Isaiah Harrison - the progenitor of the Harrisons of Harrisonburg, VA.
These Harrisons were in Oyster Bay, Long Island, NY during the late 1600's and early 1700's. In 1721, Isaiah Harrison and his family moved to Sussex Co DE to his newly purchased Maiden Plantation which contained 907 acres.
Here are more details on my reasons for believing my branch is descended from John Harrison, presumed son of Gideon Harrison, son of Isaiah.
My Harrison ancestors are as follows, beginning with the oldest generation:
- Isaiah Harrison (b. ca 1666; d. ca 1737/38) m. (?)Elizabeth Wright
- (?)Gideon Harrison (b. ____; d. ca ____) m. (?)Hannah ____
- (?)John Harrison (b. ____; d. ____) m. (?)Mary ____
- Margaret Harrison (b. ca 1740/42; d. ____) m. Thomas Patterson
- John Patterson (b. ca 1762/65; d. ca 1840/50) m. Margaret "Peggy" Black
- George Patterson (b. 1800; d. 1860) m. Rebecca Chastain
- William Harden "Bill" Patterson (b. 1832; d. 1883) m. Elizabeth Akins
- Joseph Elijah "Lige" Patterson (b. 1871; d. 1957) m. "Nannie" Ammons
- Clinton Willie "Clint" Patterson (b. 1904; d. 1975) m. Wilma Stephens
- Francis Oliver "Frank" Patterson (b. 1940; d. 2015) m. Vanza Davis
- Charles Wesley "Wes" Patterson (b. 1968) m. Ginna Fishburne
Families of Interest that were associated with the HarrisonsThe following surnames make up some of key families of interest that may been maternal lines - but as of yet are not proven. If you have any info on any of these families that you'd like to share with me, I'd certainly appreciate it. Thank you.