*** The links below are broken, but the images for those can be found here. ***
The Yadkin River flows east and then south. That location is known as East Bend, for obvious reasons. Just below the east bend there is a creek flowing west called Hughes Creek, and at later times it was known by other names, including Miller Creek. This appears to be where Samuel and Lydia Stewart obtained a tract of land at some point, which Lydia referred to in her 1771 will. Then flowing east from that same general part of the Yadkin (but a little further south) is "Bathsheba" Creek, aka Bersheba aka Bashavia Creek. There and south is where Samuel Stewart apparently owned 508 acres entered in 1753 (grant issued 1757), as well as his sons David and Samuel Jr. Further to the east of that is Stewarts Creek where Samuel's son, David owned land beginning 1781. The Great Wagon Road crossed Stewarts Creek, at approximately where the creek crosses modern day Robinhood Rd at Chickasha Rd. South of that is Gorgales Creek, aka Muddy Creek.
- 1747 (Jan 21), "David Stuart & Abigal Herrison, adult persons baptized after profession of faith and obedience." This was the record of baptism of David Stewart and his future wife, Abigail Harrison, recorded and baptized by Rev Craig of Augusta Co, Va. This also shows that David Stewart was still in Va at the time.