My two main goals for this project are 1) to map out the tracts of Brookberry Farm and trace them back to the original owners, and 2) to map out the tracts along the greater Stewarts Creek area and likewise, trace them back to the original owners.
Goal #1 is for helping Debbie McCann with her book project. It's a lot of fun and I really enjoy doing this with and for her. Goal #2 is for my personal interest in finding the original tracts for Samuel Stewart Sr and his sons, David and Samuel, as well. Goal #1 may or may not help me find the Stewarts' tracts - I don't think it will directly, but indirectly it most certainly will as it gives me the foundation for expanding to the rest of Stewarts Creek.
Here are the steps to reaching both of these goals:
- Map the Brookberry Farm tracts (1940's - 1960's)
- Make a new map for Brookberry Farm (BBF) that is one tract to use later on other maps as a referential overlay.
- Trace these tracts back to the original owners.
- 1850's map of BBF tracts.
- 1750's map of BBF tracts.
- Expand 1950's map to cover all of Stewarts Creek - the southern portion includes everything b/w Country Club Rd/Shallowford Rd and Robinhood Rd, and also b/w Lewisville-Vienna Rd and Muddy Creek. The northern portion includes everything b/w Robinhood Rd and Yadkinville Hwy, and also b/w Lewisville-Vienna Rd and Olivet Church Rd.
- 1850's map of Stewarts Creek tracts.
- 1750's map of Stewarts Creek tracts.